In trying to continue to improve your business, do you feel that it is entirely up to you to take action? Then when you have got “Business Improvement” on your To Do list, other day to day duties – like tending to a new first call or dealing with staffing issues – seem to take precedence.
If you find yourself in this situation, I want to let you know that I can help you knock these tasks out on a regular basis so that you can start benefiting from them being implemented.
Let me introduce you to my Funeral Boardroom Mastermind!
This is where you and a select few other serious, proactive funeral home owners, can get together with me on a weekly basis. I will help you prioritize and guide you in implementing whatever To Do list item will have the biggest impact on moving your business forward.
You probably have a pile of tasks, initiatives, strategies or just business things that you have been wanting to get done but for some reason or another are still on your desk (or your mental desk)…
- Maybe you have hit a road block and are not sure how to get around it
- Maybe you have a big decision to make but you want to make sure that you sort out all of the option before taking the next step
- Maybe your market share is slipping and you don’t know what to do to reverse it
- Maybe you want to implement new technologies but you don’t want to sucked into all of the hype from the techy-salesman
If any of these ring true, you could put them behind you in just a month or two of being a member of the Funeral Boardroom Mastermind.
I belong to a Mastermind designed strictly for marketing consultancies and I love it because it helps me stay focused and get things done. Each week the facilitator answers my questions and gets me to identify one main task that I will get done by the time of next week’s meeting. Now these projects don’t take 40 hours to complete, but just imagine after a course of a year getting 40 to 50 minor and major tasks completed and reaping the benefits of their implementation.
Just imagine a year from now… you have some major tasks and projects crossed off your list – and more importantly, making you more revenue. Maybe it is a new crematorium, a new reception center or strategic alliance with a local restaurant or caterer, having your marketing plan fully implemented, having a system that collects testimonials and online reviews, or even expanding your business – with the main focus of expanding market share and increasing average funeral values.
Words from John McQueen…
On a personal note, Rob used to work with me as far as doing work for my funeral home when I had it and I attribute a lot of our great success and growth to the efforts that Rob put forth. He is definitely a guru.
How it works…
Once per week at a stated time, we will get together via web conference, roll up our sleeves and get to work. We cover…
- What was the biggest win and biggest challenge of the previous week
- What is the most important issue to tackle right now
- And What do you want to get accomplished for next week
Membership in the Funeral Boardroom is by application only and will not freely be offered to anyone. Just the fact that you are receiving this letter means that I have selected you as one of the few dozen who will be invited to join. Also, members will have market exclusivity for a ten mile radius around their location (either one or two locations).
The fee for the Funeral Boardroom Mastermind Group will be $1,200 / month. This fee is comparable to my monthly consulting retainer of $1,500, but through the Funeral Boardroom you will have two to three times more interaction with me, plus “we” – both you and me – will be in proactive mode moving your business forward vs. the retainer offering which is more of a reactive environment. Also, you can cancel anytime – I will be working hard every month to make sure that you are getting value and more importantly, getting results.
How is this different from a Study Group?
I have been asked how is this different from a Study Group that some funeral home owners belong to? The biggest difference is Accountability. You will be accountable for getting your primary task done each week and I will be accountable to you to answer your questions and shortcut the process of getting things done for you.
Imagine how valuable it would be to have someone at the other end of the phone or email who has vast experience in a highly competitive market with high cremation rate increases, together with the insights of what to do in the future to continue to succeed in the ever-changing landscape of funeral service.
The Funeral Boardroom Mastermind gives you frequent contact with me without the expense of hiring additional management staff or a high-priced business consultant. If you are interested in joining the Funeral Boardroom, send me an email to [email protected] with “Funeral Boardroom” in the subject line.
Thanks for your time and I hope that we will be continuing to work together for a long time for your greater success.
PS: Remember, you don’t have to be all alone out there anymore – now you will have the support – and the confidence – to take your firm to the next level of success.
PPS: If you haven’t heard the term mastermind before, read this excerpt from Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich. The Mastermind principle consists of an alliance of two or more minds working in perfect harmony for the attainment of a common definite objective. Success does not come without the cooperation of others.
Below is just a shortlist of some of the initiatives that I have helped other funeral home owners like you implement into their successful funeral homes:
- Decide on a Call Management system and map out the implementation process
- Reduce the overwhelm of all of the different technologies
- Review technology systems to see if there is any way of cutting costs
- Implement an Aftercare Program
- Capitalize on situations in the press / industry / local market with Press Releases
- Prepare an annual Marketing Plan
- Structure strategic partnerships with restaurants, caterers, cemeteries
- Review negotiation strategy for merger /acquisition
- Grow your market by exploring new opportunities like online cremation business models
- Create a system to cultivate online reviews
- Review direct mail pieces for preneed and create split tests to improve results
- Plan an Organizational Chart identifying your team for the future
- Assist in implementation of “Celebrant Mindset” in funeral home
- Decide on CRM system to manage Preneed Leads and Sales
- Automate a referral system for preneed sales
Plus I’m sure other nagging tasks will surface that we can knock off the list!